Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 2 of Training Starts

OK week one of training for the Shamrock A is in the books. I felt pretty excited after doing eight miles in a span of 24 hours and not getting sore the next day. I did not run Sunday or today, which is Monday. However I did do an hour of DDP yoga this morning, since Monday is a cross training day. Tomorrow will be a tempo run, which is a mile of both warm up as well as cool down.

In between those two, I have a 25 minute run that I'm supposed to do at just below my race pace. I still don't know what my pace will be. I'm thinking I'll try to run at least 7.5 mph. I'm hoping to go at least 8 mph during the race, which will be a 40 minute total. I don't know if I can do it in 35 minutes like I did in 2014. I'm thinking if I can break 40 minutes, that would be OK with me.

No comments: