Saturday, April 15, 2017

Another Saturday night

1) I just needed to be out of the house. It may not benefit my social skills, but the weather is finally warm enough where I can just drive my car to an abandoned dark place have a couple of beers and play music. Those are some of life's simplest pleasures.

2) Thank God for Waylon Jennings music. It seems every other month that I discover a song that knocks me on my ass. The latest: The Wurlitzer Prize.

3) A picture may be worth a thousand words, yet all their words mean nothing.

4) I love my mother. I appreciate her and I respect her. But getting along with her is challenging sometimes. We didn't even have any kind of major disagreement today. She just communicates on a different level, maybe it's a male vs female dynamic or maybe it's my age vs hers. She felt I blew up at her three times. And honest to God, I hadn't felt frustration or anger for her, except for maybe ten seconds. And that was because she dropped hints, she expected me to understand exactly what she was saying. I guess she just held onto her frustration all afternoon, even through Easter service. How sad.

5) And this was the worst part. She actually had the nerve to say to me that it's no wonder I can't keep a woman. That comment did make me angry and it hurt. Because I didn't feel it was fair. I'm far from perfect, but I truly believe I would make a very good boyfriend and eventually husband. Summer is creeping in and in this warm weather, it does hurt that I'm alone. But then I remind myself that I'm a good man and I have a lot to offer. That's not ego, that's just an honest assessment of myself. And whether I'm in a relationship or not does not determine my value as a man.

No comments: