Saturday, April 01, 2017

The big day is tomorrow

OK, the Shammrock Shuffle is tomorrow. My six weeks of prep is over. I am now nine hours from starting my race. For my final run, I ran 3.5 miles in 25 minutes on Thursday and felt great afterwards. This morning, I did the Below the Belt DDP yoga workout for 40 minutes. I ate absurdly clean too: a protein smoothie, pasta primavera, and a salad with rotisserie chicken, and drank about 4 liters of water.

So here's my schedule for Sunday morning. I'll be getting up at 5 am to take a 6:05 train from Bsartlett to Union Station downtown. I will be arriving around 7:15 am and starting the race around 8:30. Hopefully, I'll be done within 37 minutes; that's my target to beat.

For my pre-race meal, I'm thinking an almond butter sandwich with a banana. It seems like bananas are to runners what spinach is to Popeye. So I think I'll put that theory to the test. I have a couple of free slices of pizza at Dimo's, maybe I'll indulge over there after the race.

I also have my iPod playlist ready to go:

  • Keep on Chooglin'-Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
  • Mama Said Knock You Out-LL Cool J
  • F'ing In the Bushes-Oasis
  • Hold On Tight-ELO
  • Rock and Roll Is King-ELO
  • Metalingus-Alter Bridge
  • Fight (Kevin Owens)-CFO$
  • Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
  • Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)-Bill Conti
Keep On Chooglin' was a recent find for me. What I like is the drumbeat is a perfect 8.0 miles per hour. The song is almost eight minutes long and it's going to be a good pace-setter.

The ELO songs are new additions, but I like the speed and the energetic spirit of these two tunes.

Metalingus was Edge's theme in WWE and Fight is for Kevin Owens. I'm defintiely finishing with the two Rocky songs and those will probably get me through the  mile or so.

I'm ready. Let's freaking do this.

No comments: