Monday, March 27, 2017

Last week of prep

So I am just six days away from my race. Since my last check in here, I've had two serious runs.

On Thursday, I did three four minute intervals, running around 8.3 mph. In between my two minute intervals were run about 7.3 mph. So I pushed myself just a little harder than the last Thursday. I ran a mile around 7.3 mph for both warm up and cool down as well. I felt fine at the end, but I'm not sure if I was more tired or bored. I probably could have done a fourth interval if I really wanted to. In total, I did 4.25 miles in 33 minutes. My pace was 7:46 per mile.

On Saturday, I finished five miles in 38 minutes, for a 7:36 pace. I pushed myself pretty hard on that run and I needed to use some liquid bandage afterwards. I know I can keep that pace up on a treadmill, but when I'm out in the elements, I really don't know what will happen.

Wanting to rest my feet on Sunday, I decided to do 15 minutes each of power walking, the stair climber, and the elliptical. Monday I took off. I'm planning on my last hard run on Tuesday night, I'm going for a three mile sprint. I'm going for a finish of 22 minutes. After that, it'll probably be DDP yoga and rest.

The wait is almost over...

No comments: