Thursday, March 16, 2017

Week 4. Two Weeks Till the Race and I'm Not Feeling Right

Guys, I'm getting worried. My right hip has been giving me problems for three or four days. Then  on Tuesday, I felt the blister on the instep of my right foot really open up. I managed to persevere and finish over 4 miles. But when I tried to run again today, I was missing a layer of skin. It got this bad that I planned on doing five sprint intervals and I could only get through two.

I had to go to Walgreen's this afternoon and buy liquid bandage as well as band aids that are designed for blisters. It's becoming pretty costly for me to run this race, in terms of my time, my money, and my physical well-being. I don't know if I'll be able to do this race again. I really don't. But I'm commited to running the best damn race I can on April 2.

I know I have the endurance to finish. I just have to get that speed up. And even if that means I ahve to get on the elliptival for a day or two to give my foot a rest, then that's what I'll do. This weekend's training could prove pivotal to the level of my performance in the race.

No comments: