Sunday, July 29, 2018

32 hours to 37

So I am one day away from turning 37 years old. This birthday has really snuck up on me, like it was Christmas or a weekend festival. This is one of those ages were it's not going to feel a whole lot different. It probably won't feel different until 2021 when I hit a certain number. More specifically, I reach a certain decade. Right now the biggest change is I need to enter a higher number on the age setting when I use the treadmill.

Speaking of which, I signed up to do my first 10K and that is going to happen right before Halloween. I have an eight week training program ready and it's going to start right after I return from Europe. I'm not sure what my goal is yet, but I definitely want to finish in under an hour. I'm thinking maybe less than 55 minutes would be really good. The other factor is will I wear a costume of some kind. My focus is really to run. But I will do some searching and if I can find something cool that won't inhibit my ability to run, then that would be great.

No comments: