Saturday, January 01, 2022

Hello 2022

Well, this world hasn't had the sunniest of circumstances in the last couple of years. And as 2021 was drawing to a close, I saw a lot of people expressing a similar message on social media. 

"Goodbye 2021, let's start a new year."

As if changing the 4th number in a year is suddenly going to fix the problems of the world, and the attitudes of the people who live in it. The fact is the people had shouted the exact same message 12 months ago begging for 2020 to end and anxiously waiting to turn the page to 2021.

We are in a cycle of discontent, fear, and restlessness. COVID, the economy, the incapable buffoons of a president and vice-president that we will be suffering with for 3 more years. It's so easy to focus on everything that is going wrong. On the first day of January, I find myself asking what is there to be positive about? Where can I have some real hope?

I have less faith in people than I ever have. It terrifies me how many people buy into the lies and manipulation from the mainstream media and politicians, even as our country continues to collapse. But after seeing the Oval Office dweller's approval rating sink by over 20 percent in his first 12 months, well I have some optimism that these people realize how much they screwed up at the voting polls.

My job and career? Not a ton of positive thoughts there. We are down to two people left on campus, me and the new hire who doesn't know what he's doing yet. At this rate, based off my value to the company, I should be entitled to a pay increase.

Maybe I should look internally. That may sound self-centered, but perhaps I've put too much energy and emotion towards the forces of evil prospering while righteous continue to suffer. Maybe I can work on being better at certain aspects of my life and the outside world may not be as threatening. And then who knows, maybe I wouldn't be venting on here to the same eight people who read my posts.

I'd like to write an inspiring, positive conclusion, but I'm not there just yet. While that's just not meant to be written yet, it just might have its time in the coming weeks or months.


No comments: