Monday, December 05, 2005

Another shot at this one.

I spent 20 minutes typing this last night before the stupid computer decides to freeze on me. So let's try this again.

One of the spaciest and quirkiest girls I knew in high school is now married and a financial advisor in Texas. Man, 6 years ago, I wouldn't have trusted her with 50 cents. And I don't think I could trust a financial advisor who is starting to pick up a Texas accent. "Well, see the keeey ee-is, ya got tuh diversi-fie wi' ya money. What wee-yull do, we'll take hafe ya' money, put it in a biiig may-naise jar, bury it out in yer backyard. Udduh hafe, wee-yull take down to the dawg track, bet on the one that does his bid-niss right 'fore the race starts."

I didn't watch the Giants game yesterday. Why? Because I played volleyball. Why? Because I'm an idiot. We lost 6 games, including 3 to the team played with for 2 years, and the only team we're better than in the standings. Oh the pain! Basically, we have 4 guys including me. All three are taller than me and I would describe 2 as somewhat athletic. When they go up to spike the ball, I don't think they understand that they can actually hit the ball straight down to the ground. I'm seeing these little dinky popups all day long. It was making me nuts! I seriosly don't think we recorded one kill that I would consider legitimate. And the playoffs are looming next week. Oh joy.

My high school basketball teams are on the road to last place. The girls are 2-5 and the guys are 0-4. Two losses at home this weekend in the hallowed Warrior Dome. Can we just forfeit the seasons and move straight to soccer?

At least Gordon College is doing well. The guys are 4-0 with an upcoming showdown at those evil Endicott Gulls. The women lost to a good Salve team on Saturday, but still look pretty good. But here's what amazes me. The Gordon women's roster has 8 players! Eight players! At my job, I see high school girls teams with 16 players. We can't even do a 5-on-5 scrimmage. That is unbelievable. Can we get Sarah DeLuca off the coach's position and reinstate her for one more year? But I think Coach Cavallaro knows what she's doing. She has a way of getting the most out of her players.

That was the first time I was happy to see the Just End The Season lose to New England. We have nothing to hope for except Reggie Bush in the draft. Curtis Martin rund for 29 yards on 16 carries. And at the end of the first half, 3rd and 5, Jets on the 15 or so yard line on NE. 1 minute left, trailing 3-0. A run with Curtis up the middle. Herman, Heimerdinger, whoever calls the plays, come on. This is not an offense that goes up and down the field at will. If you get that deep late in the first half, you have to try something to keep the ball and go for a big play when you still have a minute to go in a division game on the road! That's not a time to be conservative.

And Tom Brady is still nothing more than an overglorified prick. Put him on the Jets, they still go 4-12.

OK, let's change the mood.

Two and a half days until Rangers-Blackhawks!

Onto the Mets. We now have Paul LoDuca to catch. Now he is a good player and from Brooklyn. We traded Gaby Hernandez, a 21 year old pitcher who I wanted to keep more than Petit! He threw a no-hitter last year and is on his way up. He and Petit will probably be stars for the Marlins in about 2 years. Hey, Mr. Full Autonomy, do we have a minor league system anymore? Do we have any pitching prospects left? Because in case you haven't noticed, we have 3 starters all over 34 and they will need to be replaced soon. And we're probably about to sign Mark Grudzielanek to play second base, which I like well enough. Now get Matsui out (God willing, a trade for a decent prospect) and please DONT TRADE FOR MANNY RAMIREZ.

The Mets are a win-now team. They have 2 years probably, to win the World Series. I'm nervous about throwing so many chips into the center of the table when this is a hand we could easily lose.

If someone could explain to me how cigarettes are appealing, I'd like to know.

Rocky 6 is going to happen. I just don't know, 16 years after the last one, what storyline could be appealing. The only thing I know is Rocky is widowed and gets back into the ring again. Uh, yeah. If I was Stallone, I would not go back to Rocky unless I had a great storyline that could end the series on a good note. Or was flat broke.

Thank you, Trace Adkins, for releasing a country song about butts. Damn, that's a catchy song.

I can't remember much more of what I wrote. So I'll go now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

By the way, did you hear about the husband who forgot his anniversary? Needles to say his wife was pissed. She said there had better be something in the driveway tomorrow that goes from 0 to 200 in 3 seconds. The next day she found a small package in her driveway. She opened it and found a bathroom scale. Funeral arrangements are set for Saturday for the husband.