Friday, June 23, 2006

Something about cars

This one is hard to explain. I was hanging out in Geneva last night at Swedish Days. And then I felt like getting a CD or two so I drove up to St. Charles to the library. About halfway to St. Charles, or about 6 minutes into the drive, I heard some grinding coming from underneath my car. It sounded like metal of some type scraping across the road. And someone had told me several weeks prior that something was hanging down under my car, but since I never noticed a problem, I didn't do much about it. And then driving from St. Charles to Wheaton (about 30 minutes), the scraping really started to sound bad. I could barely drive without that annoying sound. So I pulled into a gas station to take a look at what was going on. I pulled in, got out of the car, and bent down underneath to see what was causing the scraping. There was nothing even close. I got back in the car and drove 20 minutes to Wheaton and 35 minutes home without another scraping sound.

How do you explain it? Lord knows it has nothing to do with my knowledge of cars. I know almost nothing about fixing cars. If you ever see my legs sticking out from underneath a car, please call 911 beause something terrible has happened.

And the scraping continued my whole ride into the station and then it stopped once I looked underneath. Maybe I needed to turn the car off, but I can't believe that was a problem.

Strange isn't it...

No comments: