Monday, March 12, 2007

Can anyone hear me?

Now that I finally have a new cell phone, the answer apparently is yes. It's got the camera phone, which I haven't had before. But you know how after you buy some kind of technology for the first time? You have that feeling of you're cool, you're in the trend, you're a happening dude.
I had that feeling when I got my first cell phone in 2004 and I kind of had it as I walked out of the Sprint store today. The one drawback? My last phone had a background with a golden dog laying on a big beach ball. And that dog looks exactly like Hogan. Shame that wasn't on this phone too.

I'm amazed how some of these people who do demographic studies handle religion. They classify Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons under Christianity. I ask these people to look a little deeper and what these different religions really believe.

66 degrees today! Oh baby! You know there will be one more cold spell. but it was definitely good to walk outside today without wondering how quickly I could make it back to my car.

Volleyball continues to roll along. 3-0 against the team that last time beat us 2-1. And we played with 5 players. Now normally, we're not allowed to play with 4 men and 1 woman, but the other team allowed us to play everyone. After trailing 12-6 in the first game, I served 7 or 8 straight points. We wound up winning 25-22. The second and third games were both close before we pulled away late. What amazed me about this match was the way the other team basically self-destructed. They could not return our serves, got frustrated, and basically beat themselves. And I spiked as well as I have in a year. We could very well be on our way to first place after next week. Go Lazer!

Syracuse gets snubbed from the NCAA Tournament. That's just brutal. I don't really have a favorite to root for this year.

Good stuff in hockey. Rangers beat the Islanders twice, get a point against Pittsburgh, and get an incredible shootout win over Carolina today at the Garden. It's an incredible race in the Eastern Conference. Eight teams within seven points of seventh place. I still don't know if this team is going to hold up with their injuries and lack of scoring. But who knows.

The Mets play worse every day and going into this season, my expectations continue to lower by the week. I hope I'm wrong. But I just brought tickets for a game against Cincinnati in mid-July. I'm hoping for one thing. Mets closer Billy Wagner enters the game in a save situation so I can sing along to "Enter Sandman."

1 comment:

Anthony M. Weed said...

Only 66 measly degrees. Today we had a record 87 degrees out in Las Vegas. In fact this week will be 81 or better. Yet, they too are threatening a cold spell probably 66 degrees!