Monday, March 05, 2007

My non-work existence

February 24. Chicago, IL. Windy City Fieldhouse. Ring of Honor was great as usual, even if the new building was brutal. Here's a beautiful photo of Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs. And we will miss Samoa Joe. I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear. And that was the night of the blizzard. When I got to my car around 11:30, my windshield was a solid block of ice. Ten minutes of defrosting, and scraping, and a few bloody knuckles later, we were on the road. And that was some of the worst snow and ice and wind I've ever drive through. Two hours after we left, I was home. But you can bet I would do it all again to see Samoa Joe's final ROH match in the United States.

I got to Aurora University around 8 am on Saturday morning to get my taxes done. The students over there will do them for free, as long as your income is under a certain amount, which mine most definitely is! I waited about an hour until my number was called and I met with two ladies who handled my information. It was pretty quick since I'm not a homeowner, am single, and have no kids (at least none that I know of). After ten minutes, it was done, and they told me to wait for it to get reviewed. Now I was #19 out of maybe 45. I was about the fifth to the last one out. Not knowing when I would be ready, I waited 2 hours and 45 minutes for them to call my name. But hey it was free of charge, and I actually got a refund!

Volleyball continues to go well. We played 5 against 8 this past week and won two of three games. The only thing I can complain about was our serving was a little off. But our net play was excellent, the communication was good, and we just came up with the the big shots right when we needed them. We're 8-3.

I'm out for the night.

No comments: