Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Impersonality

Over the last year, I've been getting into myspace a little, but I've spent more time on facebook. After looking through my list of friends, I realized a few things.

Some of these people on the list, I have not seen or talked to in 7 or 8 years. And now I have them on my facebook list. It seemes so impersonal. It's like you're not interacting, it may as well have been someone else or a computer reaction that added this person you used to know.

With so much technology that we have, it's cool that we can access info so quickly and in so many ways. But I think we have a lot more relationships that we only access through the computer. I think that's good and bad. It's fine to stay in touch, but what does it really accomplish when you're just compiling names and then not doing anything with the list?

No comments: