Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I feel fall creeping in

And my nights will soon be tied up again with work. Granted, it's not too bad of a job when you're spending half your time surfing the internet and it's 5 minutes from home.

Well here's Part 2 of the radio contest story. I had to drive to the station and pick up the Joe Nichols tickets in person; they wouldn't mail, e-mail, fax, will call, telegraph, pigeon, or horse-and-buggy them. And the station is only open from 8-5 during the week, which is exactly the hours I work. So after a little begging, I convinced Mom to drive to Crest Hill (1 hour away) and pick up the tickets. She did it and I came home around 5:30 that night. I looked at the tickets and they were for the wrong show. Back we had to go on Tuesday to get the right ones. I have the right tickets now, but what aggravates me is it would have been cheaper to just buy the darn things instead of two round trips to Joliet. And the cost of admission isn't even included!

And my car is starting to act as stubborn as my dog. It took me 30 whole minutes to get it started this afternoon. I don't think it was the battery, the alternator, or anything like that, but this is the second time in the last month this has happened. For the last year, I thought the worst problem with that car was the lack of quality of the stereo. Something needs to be done.

The worst ballpark food in the world is at Alexian Field in Schaumburg. Bar none.

Softball is going well, we're 6-1-1, we lost our first game of the season on Sunday by a 21-20 final. Batted 0-for-2 with two walks, scored a run, and made two or three catches in short center field. I didn't play well, but we were really out of synch the whole day. They hit the ball well, no doubt, but we didn't play crisp defense at all. So now there are two games to go before the playoffs. I think with one more win, we'll have a bye in the first round.

I was listening to the news on the radio. They said Starbucks was raising prices of coffee and tea drinks to compensate for the rising costs of dairy and energy. The very next story? Wal-Mart is dropping all store prices to offset the rising price of gasoline. I don't have much love for Wal-Mart, but I found that pretty ironic.

I don't know if any news story has ever disgusted me as much as the dogfighting underground culture that Michael Vick appears to be so immersed in.

No comments: