Saturday, July 07, 2007

With that out of the way...

OK, now that I have the aggravation in one post, let's move on to other stuff. All in all, I have to be pleased with this past week. Had another week with a day off, which I think makes 5 in the last 6 weeks.

Ribfest was a solid way to spend the 4th. No broken subways, just long lines waiting for the shuttle buses. It was quite a bit hotter than Sunday. Mom actually dropped by and it was cool to not be there by myself. We split half racks from Texas Outlaws and Uncle Bub's. Outlaws' bold sauce and meaty ribs never fail to satisfy me. Now Uncle Bub's, based out of Westmont, IL, was winning awards for best ribs this year. I really have no idea how. Maybe we got the end of the rack, or we just got bad portion, I don't know, but the meat tasted overcooked and dry. Nothing that a few fresh lemonades couldn't satisfy. One funny moment though. On one of those ribs, I couldn't get a good bite. The meat just kept coming off and I had to eat all the meat in one bite. I couldn't get it down and I accidentally spit a little bit of it and a little of the sauce must have hit Mom's beige shirt...

Randy Travis was excellent and I liked Marshall Tucker Band as well, though I only knew two or three of their songs. But on both days after I was at Ribfest, I had a bad cold for about 6 hours and then it was gone with some Vitamin C and Benadryl. What gives?

Got a raise in pay at work at CEC. Not huge, but it's noticeable.

The summer just began, which for means I have to start finding fall schedules for all the local high schools and entering them into the computer. One school already down, 16 to go.

I'm off to a Kane County Cougars baseball game. And special props to a certain someone who got the left field deck, which means free concessions!

No comments: