Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Scooter, bison, CEC

It was sad to hear the news that baseball legend Phil Rizzuto had passed away this morning. Even though I was never a Yankee fan when growing up in New Jersey, it was always fun listening to his broadcasts in the 80's and early 1990's. He was a little zany sometimes, but he was so charming. Whether it was announcing birthdays of half of New York City, talking about his love for cannollis (which I am suddenly in the mood for!), leaving the games after the sixth inning to beat the traffic, or "Ho-llllly Cow" he was a pleasure. Thanks for the memories, Scooter.

Well, I have in mind the next restaurant that I'm going to try: Ted's Montana Grill. Supposedly, they're known for their bison steaks and bison burgers. A friend of mine who went to this place said it was one of the best burgers they've ever had. Now I haven't had much game meat, but what I've had, I've enjoyed. The elk meat I had was okay, but I am a pretty big fan of buffalo meat. I was actually in Whole Foods this weekend and I walked by the meat counter. And I saw bison steaks selling for about 22 bucks a pound. Despite my appetite, that's a bit rich for my blood. So there are four locations in Chicagoland. I'll probably visit in the next two weeks and post my review.

And what a week of work this is going to be. Tomorrow and Thursday, all the schools' DFA's (basically the school's financial aid leaders) will be visiting us. And they will be spending a lot of time with us, watching how we do everything. And from Friday through Tuesday, the guy I split SBI-New York with will be gone on vacation. So I have to make up all his work, plus carry my usual load. Oh, and we just hired four new people into our team with two more coming next month. Let me put this in perspective. When I came on board last January, the team expanded from 6 to 10. Now it's up to about 18. Crazy stuff going on.

No comments: