Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You can't make this up

I actually should have posted this a few days ago. This past Tuesday was the final day of three that I worked my entire school alone without my partner who was in Wisconsin celebrating his wedding anniversary. So I had been loaded with a lot of work and pretty happy things would be slowing down a little bit.

So I have 5 minutes to go before I leave and I check out what documents the campus has scanned that I can accept. I get to this one student (whose last name I won't disclose) and and it's labeled FA-other. Usually that means something to do with benefits like social security or military, or maybe a plus loan override. In this case, it was a change of name document. Not something I've seen more than once or twice, but I open it up and it looks all official, "I hereby declare so and so has changed their name..." and all that. Then I looked at the name of the student. They changed their name from Samuel D to Jada D. Yes, you read that right.

On their proof of graduation, it says Samuel on the document but Jada under the profile. But the best is yet to come. Then I go into their student information page and what does it say for their gender? Non-disclosed. That's one decision they made I agree with. Some information we just don't need to know.

On a side note, I'm ready for the rain to take a hike until March.

No comments: