Thursday, February 04, 2010

A broken record, and the Who is alive

And there is no vinyl involved. Those records are doing just fine. I just wish John was still alive to play bass.

I'd like to thank the Who for accompanying me on my 46-minute cardio workout today. I haven't listened to most of their songs in quite a while. But they're performing at the halftime show at the Super Bowl and I thought I'd turn it on. Of course, I had to stick with my Ipod because every elliptical machine with a TV (10 or so) was taken. Apparently the Fitness Frenzy contest just started at my gym so everyone is trying to get a good start. I guess that's a good thing. Though I think there should be a priority list for members based on how long we've been members...

Anyway, I think of songs like "I Can't Explain" "Bargain", "Eminence Front", and "The Seeker." They remind me of high school and the lyrics Pete Townshend wrote seem to emanate with my experiences of those days. "My Generation" may be the most energetic three minutes in the history of rock and roll. And it is still so relevant to the young disillusioned folks 35 years after it was a hit. And of course, "I Can See For Miles" seems to be a very personal song right now. I have to say this. I really think after the way the Jets season ended, I am more excited for the Who than the game. Onto the the bullet points and these are straight shots.

1) So it is for sure. Fine. I should have known I was being lied to. I just wish I would have known sooner and I would be a lot happier.

2) I pause to thank my co-host John Daly who has now been completely finished. See you in a few days.

3) I really don't know whose management is more incompetent/infuriating/imept: the Mets or the Rangers.

4) Part of me wants to know everything that will happen in my life, another part is glad I ahve no idea. I just hope happiness is part of the deal.

5) I still wish I had the strip of pictures from the night of Rising Above. I know I could find the perfect match for it. That's exactly what it deserves.

6) I tried to forget that deception could be such an powerful undermining of relationships. I just didn't want to think that I would be the victim so many times. It's just really remarkable what I have had to deal with.

That's somebody else's moon tonight
Those are somebody else's stars
They're no longer mine
Cause somewhere tonight
You're in somebody else's arms.

No comments: