Saturday, February 06, 2010

Quiet Saturday

1) Well, I can't make Christine's party tonight since I have to work. I think that's five events at her place I haven't been able to attend. I guess I'm consistent, if nothing else.

2) 40 minutes on the elliptical, 50 minutes of lifting, and 30 in the sauna. Felt pretty good after that. Just could have used a masseuse.

3) I have no plans to travel outside the US this year, but I think after putting it off for 10 months, I should finish renewing my passport.

4) I still love seeing Charlie Daniels on that Geico commercial. What a treasure he is.

5) The Lucky Monk is incredible. Tried the Twisted Chicken sandwich last night. Grilled chicken with bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and herb mayo on a long pretzel roll served with house-made fries with kosher salt. One of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten.

6) When I told a 50-year-old guy sitting next to me at the bar that I hadn't been sexually active because it's my choice, he gave me this look that lasted about 10 seconds, but it felt like 10 minutes. His face had a strange mix of disbelief, insanity, and respect. I doubt I will ever change the world, I can only try to be the best me I can. But I'll never be afraid to disagree with anybody.

7) I'm really tired of watching actors smoke cigarettes in movies.

8) Without much else on after the Rangers excellent 3-1 win over the Devils, I turned on "The Bridges of Madison County" on PBS, of all stations. Commercial-free too. Is something wrong with me for really liking it? I don't know, I just heard guys aren't supposed to enjoy this movie. But it's hard to imagine Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep making a bad movie. Well, Meryl tried to salvage "Julie & Julia"...

9) I'm rooting for the Saints, but fully expect the Colts to win. I'm more excited about the Who performing at halftime.

10) My over/under: 2 years...emBARRassing

No comments: