Thursday, February 04, 2010

What a riot

Quite the night. Farfalle, rotisserie chicken, vodka sauce, apple pie. That's the dinner I made for the guys. OK, props to Whole Foods for the apple pie. That was my third choice for dessert and it proved to be just excellent, especially with some Cool Whip. But moreover, I'm really amazed how deep these Wednesday night Bible studies are getting. It's kind of sad I went three years without having this kind of community in my life apart from the weekends. And to do it with the CT guys is a very cool deal.

And I also experience something very unexpected at tonight's study. It was my first nunchuck lesson and it taught me an important lesson. It comes down to the idea for training for godliness and its lasting value. Character development is not an easy process. It takes time, takes patience, takes learning new skills, takes more than a few mistakes. And as I swung that weapon around trying to keep it moving swiftly and under control, it didn't happen for me very easily. But I wasn't satisfied until I completed my first Figure 8 tonight. That's the same way we have to pursue the character God calls us to pursue.

And I'm very thankful to God that an old tax return was filed and Mom received a refund of $3,100. That's three months of our mortgage. What an exhilarating feeling to receive great news when we really wanted it.

OK, let's move on. You know, the more I read about it, I find I'm feeling two main things: bewildered and amused. So he says the right things and all, and posts it and all that. It just proves to me what I suspected for so long. The truth in this situation is very dark and very clear. I'm only sorry I waited to move on it. but it is better to be this way then the previous way.

Song pick: "Sail On" The Commodores

No comments: