Saturday, October 30, 2010

Early Saturday morning

I went from lamenting a painful Rangers loss to suddenly wondering where the next four hours drifted to. So finally, I am downstairs for the first time since getting home from work and I don't feel ready to go to sleep. So later on, will be a Saturday where I really don't have too many set plans. Library, post office, leaf-blowing, gym, not a whole lot else. Although I am quite excited for the evening and not because it is Halloween.

I guess the old refrigerator in the garage doesn't quite seal shut all the way. The outside evening temperature has now plummeted into the 40's and now, all of a sudden, the drinks in there are cold enough to drink when I remove them from the fridge. No 20 minutes in the freezer! I guess that's one benefit of cold weather.

Arrived at the potluck lunch at work today about an hour and ten minutes after it began. Miraculously, I grabbed the last piece of Popeye's fried chicken. Now that I think about it, I'm glad there was only one piece there or I probably would have gone nuts.

I guess when I am in a daze, paying the bills doesn't seem quite so annoying. And just like that, goodbye to 60 percent of my take-home pay!

Somehow, I feel like writing the most random crap right now!

Sandy Alderson, congratulations. Good luck. You will need it.

Sunday afternoon should be quite an occasion. No Bears, leaving everyone around here to focus on my 5-1 Jets vs. the Green Bay Packers. And Come Thirsty will be making our annual pilgrimage to Rookie's for the games. I just wish I had more Green Gear for my peeps...

5 songs I've mentioned in the blog before, but I've listened to since 1 A.M.:

5) "If I Only Had My Mind On Something Else" Bee Gees
4) "I Don't Know Where To Start" Eddie Rabbitt
3) "A Tender Lie" Restless Heart
2) "The Weekend" Steve Wariner
1) "Drinkin' Me Lonely" Chris Young

No comments: