Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thank you

Life just seems to keep changing. And at 12:40 on Sunday morning, I think I should put some of it down here.

1) I'll start with a negative. Work is becoming more and more frustrating. The Trevose campus is so high-maintenance, they send me between 5 and 10 activities. There were some weeks that I didn't get 10 activities in a week from four combined campuses.

2) And our upcoming move to Schaumburg just continues to rankle me more and more. All the fridges and microwaves will be in the basement. A little inconvenience is one thing. But now we're going to lose our gym memberships. One of the best aspects of CEC was the complimentary memberships at the South Barrington Club. Now they're gone. But this real estate guy said he did research and said that 35 employees use the gym. That is complete nonsense. BS, to be more blunt. I'd like to find out what parameters were used to reach 35 people. And throw in the additional 12 miles of driving each day and this move is going to cost me money. I don't care about the flat screens, or that it's a green building, or we have plush sofas in the chat rooms. How do those help me to become a better worker?

3) OK, moving on. It feels strange, but I am glad God put someone in my life at this time. It's just crazy.

4) The Phillies lose! No matter who wins the World Series, a 40-year plus drought will end. No matter who wins, it's all good. My initial pick: Giants over Rangers in 7

5) Rangers have won two straight against two solid Eastern Conference squads. A win tonight against New Jersey would be remarkable. I do wonder if Torts will start Henrik or Biron in goal though.

6) Tomorrow will be stress-free; the Jets are off. Like Rex said, I want to lead the league in wins! And we're 5-1! Green Bay, bring it!

7) I am disappointed, yet content that I will not travel to any Jets games this season. I would have liked to though. But sometimes we have to sacrifice certain things. Maybe I can enjoy two other things, instead of just this one.

8) It looks like I will make it to Pointin Still in Hackensack for the Rangers viewing party on Black Friday, as long as the planes are flying. The only challenge is getting from the bar back to Newark Airport; I'm hoping someone at the party will bring me back. I really don't want to spend the cash on a cab or on a hotel. I just wish I could bring Dad and stay with him. He would have had fun there.

9) The crowd at Rebel last Sunday was amazing. 15 or so of us watched the Jets beat the Broncos in a back and forth contest with a crazy finish. From Jay Jay to Josh to Carl to Danielle to Laura to Terry to Erik to John to a few others I can't remember, their emotions run as crazy as mine do. And to scream J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets with a crowd after each TD, man it is such an amazing rush of adrenaline.

10) I am glad for the chance to reconnect with old friends, and to think it was someone I have not seen in over 10 years.

11) Mindy Smith's "Surface" is such an amazing recording. I may go see her perform live in Evanston.

12) Song lyrics for the night, credit to Willie Nelson:

How's your new love? I hope he's doing fine.
I heard you told him that you'd love him till the end of time.
Now that's the same thing that you told me.
Seems like just the other day.
Ain't it funny how time slips away?

No comments: