Sunday, December 26, 2010

Very little left to say

I have to remind myself. It was never my choice to root for the teams (the 4 pillars of pain) and athletes (eg Greg Norman) I root for. It just happened that way. I don't know why I care so much, but I do. And now it's too late to stop. It is like being trapped in prison without a key and running into the bars over and over trying to knock them down, just hoping the hopelessness will finally be broken. One championship in my lifetime and no opportunity to play for a title since 2000.

Now I understand what happened today. So the Jets made the playoffs. Great. It means nothing to me. I've seen this team make the playoffs. Last year's team had resolve, it had character, it had bravado. I see very little of that. This defense could not stop a high school team. This 38-34 loss to the Chicago Bears was just one more embarrassment in a season that has had more twists and turns than the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios. And I don't see a team that has a run in them anymore. They may very well beat Kansas City on the road in the opening round. If they do, all it secures is another ass-whipping in New England. And I would rather miss the playoffs than see that. Too late.

It never changes. We are the Same Old Jets.
DC is not even worth a second thought. Why LM settled for that, I will never know. The self-appointed judge and jury and he has not seen me for four years. I really find it funny, I do. It's sad.

No comments: