Friday, January 25, 2013

Frauds and other tidbits

1) If you're a diehard fan of a team, you can only have one favorite team per sport. There is no way around it. There is nothing wrong with respecting another team, nothing wrong with hoping another team performs well if yours doesn't. But if you have an emotional, dyed-in-the-wool attachment to a logo, to a uniform, to that team name, that type of devotion, that type of passion can only go one way. CI needs to learn about that.

2) I don't want to dislike the Blackhawks. I respect the franchise. But there are certain fans who are making liking the team harder and harder...

3) Great win by the Knicks in Boston, their first since 2006. 89-86 the final score, Carmelo Anthony drops 28 points, while J.R. Smith drills a late 3 to clinch it after a woeful shooting night. Now, if they can just beat Chicago...

4) I've applied for 12 jobs. No responses yet. Although at least four different insurance companies want to hire me as a sales rep or sales manager. Pass. I'd rather drive that bakery truck my mom's chiropractor recommended to me for the rest of my life than sell insurance. I do have a meeting at Willow Creek on Sunday morning about a possible position. I'm not expecting my dream offer. I don't even know if I'm getting  an offer with a paid position. But they want to meet with me, so we'll see.

5) There are few things in life as the combination of a good strength workout, a protein shake, and a hot shower that make me feel so good and tough.

No comments: