Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday night

Yeah I think this one's gonna be pretty sports-based.

Well congrats to the 49ers on winning the NFC. Very impressive the way they rallied from 17-0 down to defeat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome. I think it's pretty short-sighted the way so many "experts" call Atlanta chokers just because they lost. Is a loss always the same as a choke? They blew the lead, so maybe they did. They had home field, that's even worse evidence. But everyone I knew picked San Francisco to win this game. They said SF was a more well-rounded team, a more complete team.So if Atlanta did lose to the better team, how is it a choke? Didn't the game end up the way it was supposed to end up?

And the Taliban of sports is about to host the AFC title game again and I'm sure they'll thrash Baltimore. Only question is will it be by 10 points, 30 points, or somewhere in the middle. No Mom, I don't care if you grew up in New England. I'm tempted to deny ever going to college in that region just because of the stench that comes from Foxboro.

And it's the Rangers home opener as I type. I am not expecting this team to have the best record in the Eastern Conference like so many people are. They turned over almost half their forwards and with no exhibition games and almost no training camp, that favors teams who rosters stayed similar. Pittsburgh, Boston, etc. And for the second straight game, the Rangers take a penalty 30 seconds into the game! And James Neal scores a power play goal, something the Rangers know nothing about doing by the way...Two minutes after I type that, they score on a 5-on-3 lol! 1-1. I think this team will take time to find their way, but not for one second do I think they're winning the Eastern Conference, let alone the greatest trophy in all of sports.

Let's talk about something good. Six things I'm thankful for in pro wrestling.

1) Damien Sandow
2) Antonio Cesaro
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Ring of Honor
5) SCUM theme song
6) JBL doing commentary on TV

Five things in pro wrestling that need to go

1) Bully Ray as a main eventer
2) The idea that Brooke Hogan would ever want to marry Bully Ray
3) AJ's character being changed on a monthly basis
4) The Shield not wrestling on television
5) The Miz as a babyface

3-1 Pittsburgh after the first period. 10-3 in favor of the dirtbags from New England. I'm not surprised at all.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog