Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Detox-Part 4

Day 7
I opened Sunday by baking donut muffins with soy milk and whole wheat flour. I brought them those to a singles brunch at church. I'm just glad I wasn't the youngest guy there! For breakfast, I got away from the green machine. I drank an egg white smoothie with orange juice and some frozen fruit. Then, I drank my first liter of water. Headed to church, where Bill's message will be about getting stronger with our bodies. I doubt it's a coincidence that this message is being preached the same day as the Super Bowl!

Well, I didn't survive the Super Bowl too well. No bottles of water, fruit, or veggies to be found. At least I had an orange-carrot juice on me. But I had to eat. I wound up having a lot of chips and guac and two pieces of roasted chicken. Later, I gave in with a pinch of BBQ pork, a piece of fried chicken and four hot wings. And Kelly, this really cool girl, who I'm getting to know, offered me a Coors Light, so I had one. I don't even drink that beer too much, but I guess I felt bad for Denver! A taste of the Rockies.

As I type this, it is now Tuesday night. I've stayed eating pretty healthy aside from that Sunday night. Last night's dinner was baked salmon, sautéed spinach, quinoa, and crusty wheat bread. It was so amazing, I could have eaten that two or three nights every week. Tonight, I had wheat pasta with roasted red pepper sauce and steamed mussels. I also had my best lifting workout in maybe two weeks too. And I weighed myself and I'm down five pounds from eight days ago. That's really a good feeling!

No comments: