Sunday, February 02, 2014

Detox-Part 3

Day 5
Almost halfway home and I'm feeling a little bit lighter. I don't know if many energy level has changed much though. I actually expected that to increase a little bit.

For a change, I did not have Naked juice this morning. I went with an almond butter sandwich and a small glass of soy milk. I actually feel like I'm coming down with a bit of a cold and found myself feeling pretty hungry when I got to work. I went easy on the sweet potato pop chips, but I had an extra large handful of almonds and dried cranberries. For lunch, it was a tilapia fillet, steamed green beans, and some more quinoa. I have to say again, I could see quinoa becoming a regular part of my diet.

Midway through the day, I ate half a banana, since only half of it was actually edible. And I used the rest of my Starbucks card as I drank the biggest iced green tea on the menu, about 32 ounces. I know I should have had the hot tea, but I guess I'm rebellious like that.

For dinner, I had a little more of that lentil soup with the wheat bread and I still don't know how I ate it. So if anyone has a good lentil soup recipe that doesn't use curry, I'm open to it! Later that night, I hung out at a new friend's house in Palatine. I bought along some orange-carrot juice and drank most of it. Feeling kind of drowsy, I did have a cup of Sprite and some popcorn. OK, I gave in and had two small pieces of plain pizza. Of course, it's Chicago thin crust, so it was those little stupid squares which get your hands all greasy. I was sleepy, I needed a pick up!

That would be all I would eat as I'm fasting to prepare for my blood diagnostics work tomorrow morning. It'll help me get a better rate on my benefits at work. Since I don't smoke or use tobacco and expect to have good scored in cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides, and who knows what else, I expect to score pretty well on it. I keep saying this, as long as I don't get my blood pressure tested while watching the Mets or Jets, I should score just fine.

Day 6
A bottle of water opened the day before my blood work. After it was over, I went home and finished off my orange-carrot juice. Then it was lunch at Won 'n Fire since we had a groupon expiring that day. For my appetizer, I had some Hong Kong calamari which wasn't breaded and served with some bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. For my main course, I had a Szchewan stir-fry with shrimp and vegetables and wheat noodles. Excellent. I was planning to have tilapia, but I guess the word "wheat " was enough to convince me to change my mind!

That night, I had a few bean chips and salsa. Dinner was an excellent vegetarian chili that I got from Emeril Lagasse. This thing was loaded with flavors like black beans, portabellas, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic. I would definitely make it again. I had a couple of wheat saltines with it too.

So as I write this, it is now Sunday. Super Bowl Day! I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'll probably bring my other bottle of orange-carrot juice. I'm sure I'll be able to figure a few things out at the party too. We'll see how it goes.



No comments: