Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Being a single man

It is amazing how hard it is to be a single man. I am at a meetup event right now at Willis Tower with overt a hundred other singles. I don't know who set this gimmick up, I don't know who destined for life to be this way, but it is obvious that the man has to pursue the woman all the time. A man can't be by himself and expect a woman to come anywhere near him. It is solely on the man and that pressure is just absolutely insane.

Even if a man is friends with a girl, and he wants to take it to the next level, it's up to the guy to make the move. And then if it doesn't work, the friendship is likely dead.

And now I look at tonight. I try meetup events for the first time and it is just ridiculous. I had a couple of conversations, but now there are a lot of people here everybody seems to be in conversation with everybody else and I have absolutely nobody to talk to. Most of the time, I am happy to be single, but tonight it absolutely sucks.

When a man is struggling to like himself, it isn't fair to put that kind of pressure on a woman to like them and fill that void. Maybe I'm guilty of it. But I look to the future. Now I'm 34. My prime is likely gone. I will always try to be a better person, but physically, my best years are probably done. Maybe I really AM meant to be by myself for the rest of my life. And if I am, well, I will just try to be as happy as I can.

No comments: