Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Severed

If I choose to be friends with someone, I expect them to be loyal. What that comes down to is I can't be the only one putting any effort in. If I'm the only one making a phone call, sending a text, arranging a time to get together, etc, then I can only assume the other person doesn't really care.

For two years, I thought JC was my friend. I asked him to do different things, including going to Milwaukee on my birthday this past year. He was a fellow Mets fan in Chicago. Sort of. Then I found out he rooted for the Mets and the cubs, which qualifies him as a fraud. Not a big deal, but it confirmed something that I had been noticing in him. He always seemed to be automatically agreeing with anything I would say. It was like taking to a puppet. I could say "hey, it's 90 degrees in December," and he would just nod and say "yeah" in an excited manner. Translation: he lacked a backbone.

Now I knew he was in a running group with a small group of mutual friends, including my ex. But last night, I found out they had gone off Facebook and had started dating. And to see her friends spew the garbage of "She deserved the best, she got the best." I don't know if I should laugh or be disgusted. A real friend would actually tell you that he wanted to date your ex. He wouldn't have you find out through a third party on Facebook. Barring an apology from him, it's safe to say there will never be a reconciliation between us.

Over/under: 3 months. I regret ever spending a nickel on that woman.

Song pick: "Asking Too Much of You" Marshall Tucker Band

No comments: