Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Follow up on Curry

I actually had a discussion with my boss' boss, Kurt, and my boss, John, at work about Eddy Curry. I kind of wanted to get something started anyway so I wore my Knicks t-shirt to work. Now I haven't been able to wear that shirt with the slightest bit of pride or dignity in five years. I remember this past January. I was actually in a bar watching the Jets lose to the Rams in overtime last year. On the same day, I had to watch Ben Gordon nail one of the two last-second shots that he hit last season that beat the Knicks! What a great day that was for me!

Anyway, I had to give full scouting reports of Mike Sweetney and the immortal Jermaine Jackson. The two Bull fans said I could have Curry and that they didn't want him. They called him selfish and a rebel. Let's see how selfish he is when he's playing for Larry Brown. If Brown can handle Allen Iverson and help him mature as a player and as a man, he can deal with anybody, in my opinion.

And this is my blog, so I am entitled to my opinion!

The other thing Kurt (who is also a diehard Cardinals fan) said was Curry plays no defense. And without a split second passing from the time he ended his sentence, I came back and said excitedly. "Great that's perfect! He can't play defense? He'll fit right in here. Right in!"

Let's drop the pucks!

No comments: