Monday, October 10, 2005

Was that 4 or 5 games?

Well I could only watch 13 of 18 innings of the Astros-Braves game. At that point I had to walk inside the Beijing Chinese restaurant in Glen Ellyn (which everyone has apparently heard of except me) to have some dinner with Ecclesia. I walked in at 5 p.m. and walked out around 6:20. The drive from Beijing to church is about 10 minutes so I had a little bit of time. I decided as soon as I got in the car I was not turning the radio station on. I was not going to be affected in any way shape or form by that game.

So the service ends around 8:15. And right behind me, I hear 2 girls say the words "18 innings." So I asked them what happened in the game? They said the Astros won. And of course, I'm pumping my fists, going "Yes! Yes! They're out!" And I explained to them "I'm sorry, I just can't stomach the Braves." And one of them says to me "Well, I'm from Atlanta."

Yep, that's why they call me "Dr. Smooooooth."

Rangers coming up in 1 hour, 15 minutes. After Atlanta hammered Washington 8-1, hopefully the Capitals are still a sorry state of mind. Then again, how many goals is Ovechkin going to score?

Fantasy hockey starts off well. Went 7-1-2 in the first week and I'm in first place of 12 teams. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Ovechkin off waivers.

Wrestlemania tickets go on sale Saturday. As Mick Foley would say, it's going to be right here! In Chicago, Illinois!
Let's see what happens.

Jets win. Great job by the o-line. Vinny managed the game well. Blaylock gone for the year. Dewayne Robertson played incredible. Doug Jolley actually showed up. Tis the season to be Jolley, Fa la la la la la la la la!

Song pick: Where You Gonna Go- Toby Keith.

Oh, I almost forgot the important part! The Chinese food was fine. Fried rice, cashew, chicken, Gerenal Tso's, beef/broccolli, and pan-fried dumplings. Good stuff. No the best I've ever had, but it was good. One thing was a little weird. They actually said on the menu the Tso's chicken was hot and spicy. Uh huh. Really now, I've tasted whipped cream that was spicier than that chicken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were pumping your fists and going they're out, while your Dad was doing a slow death, and his stomach was doing a dance for hours. Talk to you later.