Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ecclesia photos

These were taken by Ryan, one of the guys I hang out with at Ecclesia. He's also the guy I played disc golf with last week. Anyway, he took a few photos at the Village Tavern and I thought I'd post a few.

Uh, that would be me patiently waiting for my bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions. It wasn't bad, but nowhere near the chicken fingers. Now I kind of didn't know if Ryan was going to shoot at that point so I'm giving the infamous Bartolo Wolfman stare. The girl next to me is Sarah, who I met that night. She's studying anatomy at Midwestern University. I really have no clue what she's looking at...

Bill is in the plaid shirt. He's basically one of the friendliest guys you'll ever meet. Seems like he's always smiling. He's married to a girl named Jamie, who's sitting across the table in this shot so you can't see her. Tim is in the Superman shirt. He went on the Greece mission trip that Ecclesia recently took and is now actually thinking about going into long-term missions. He also does a lot of the tech work at each service.

This is Rachel, who is usually our waitress when we go to the Taven. She goes to Willow Creek Church and she got baptized in their huge lake a few weeks ago. I think about 500 people were baptized that day. We've become pretty decent friends. In fact I was talking with her for a few minutes, and a few girls at my table asked me if I was hitting on her. I wish I had a good story for you just to be able to write something, but it's really not like that.

Here's a whole group of faces from another table. I'm not sure of the two guys on the left. I mean how often do you recognize someone by the top of their head? Clayton and his wife Michelle are in the far left. Clayton used to be the assistant pastor at Ecclesia until he moved to the high school ministry and Ted came in. Interestingly, Ted and his wife Melissa are sitting right across from them. And the bald dude in front is also named Adam and he teaches math in a school in West Chicago (the suburb, not the neighborhood).

No comments: