Sunday, July 23, 2006

This isn't the place

Everyone in their life has to deal with stuff. Some of it we bring on ourselves. Sometimes we get it put onto us.

I guess the big thing is how do you deal with the situations that are so out of your comprehension and ability to do much about them that it goes beyond your own intellect and experience? The problems that you know are so insolvable, all you feel you can do is ride out the storm.

It's a helpless feeling. And it's times like that I really feel I have to pray. A few things I'm learning.

1) Don't hold grudges. If you've been wronged, work to forgive, which does not mean accepting whatever someone has done. Forgiveness can accomplish a lot. What does staying bitter and angry really do for you? If you can answer this question, let me know. I can say I'm glad there's really no one I know who I'm bitter at.
2) Alcohol in excess does no good for you or anyone around you. Yes I drink on occasion but I never get drunk and I'm seriously considering cutting it out of my life.
3) It will take someone very special for me to get married.
4) Character seems to develop in the harder times. Maybe that's happening now.
5) Jesus' line at the end of Matthew. Even when his work was done on earth, he promised "I will be with you to the end of the age." Though I've heard that before many times, it seems to mean a little more right now.

I've said what I need to say.

No comments: