Tuesday, November 21, 2006

50 chairs collapse

You ever been humiliated in front of over 100 people, most of whom you knew? That happened to me Sunday putting the steel chairs on the racks after Ecclesia let out. I had 40 or 50 of them set up inside the brackets which hold them in place on the racks. I guess the brackets were defective. Like a long line of dominoes, one started to fall and that was it. It was one of those moments where I knew it was about to fall and yet I stood frozen thinking "There's no way all those chairs will fall. They're secure." Now this is where your mind starts racing trynig tofind a way out of this. You can't vaporize yourself and disappear. You can't act like you didn't hear anything. So I did all I could think of. I started looking around trying to find someone, anyone, standing close to the now mountain of chairs who other people might think let them all collapse. Of course, no one was was within 5 yards of me. So I called it a night.

No comments: