Monday, November 06, 2006

Too early for Christmas music!

If I were President, the first law I would pass is no Christmas music can be played on radio or in stores until the day after Thanksgiving. I'm driving in the car on Nov. 1 and Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" comes on. And I heard four more X-mas songs that day alone. Now I love Nat King Cole and that song, but Nov 1? I barely have the egg yolks cleaned off my window and the toilet paper off my car and I already hear "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas." Too soon! We need some Thanksgiving carols. Because two months of Christmas songs is too much!

If you go to Cheeseburger in Paradise, try the island quesadillas. Marvelous. And the Arnold Palmer (ice tea/lemonade) is literally the best AP I've ever had.

Got 24 NY bagels sitting in the freezer. It's all about boiling the bagel in the kettle water. It makes all the difference in the world.

Man, there's nothing like a good workout at the gym to make you feel better. I was in the cardio room and I even recognized a girl from the St. Charles East tennis team, whose matches I covered a few times. We made a little small talk. Smart girl.

Giants win over Houston, albeit barely. It was close as I knew it would be with all the injuries we have and the fact that the Bears are on tap for next week. Of course both the Patriots and Bears lost meaning both teams will be aching to kick the crap out of my teams next Sunday. Hopefully, Brian Urlacher's injury will keep him on the sidelines for the next two weeks when the Bears play the Giants and Jets. Michael Strahan hurt his foot and is in a walking boot. Great. We've lost our top three defensive ends. Not to mention three linebackers, a corenerback, and a wide receiver. On Sunday, we could be without five of 11 defensive starters. Meanwhile, Hollywood Brady throws 4 INT's and the Pats lose at home on national TV to still undefeated Indy. Now they host my Jets next week. Great timing. I could see us losing that one 31-3.

The Knicks are playing like themselves after winning opening night. Two straight losses. In all three games, they've allowed over 100 points. And tonight? San Antonio at the Garden. What will Tim Duncan do to poor Eddy Curry? That will be frightening.

And the Rangers are so out of sync. Lundqvist has been a major disappointment in goal. We need Brian Leetch to come back and play the point on the power play. And get Marek Malik out of here. Then again, I wonder if Tom Renney is suited to still be coaching this team. I'm not calling for anything yet, but I still wonder...

No comments: