Thursday, January 25, 2007

Alone in the house

Yep, mom's off to San Diego for her latest vacation. But that comes with great news, she's going to return to work on March 1 after 18 months on disability leave. So this will be her last trip for a little while. the big difference between her trip in December and this one is Hogan stayed home this time. And he's already miserable without her. I do the best I can, but dogs tend to attach to one person more than anyone else. And that one person is just not me.

Now this is one rare weekend where I have nothing planned except work on Saturday night and Ecclesia on Sunday night. So let's look a little farther ahead to the next couple of months. February is known for a few things. Known as one of the coldest months of the year. Known for Valentine's Day. Yippee. And for me it will likely be remembered for seeing two shows: Ring of Honor and Kenny Rogers in concert in Aurora.

I got a new haircut today. Since I was old enough to grow a goatee, I've gone with the straight back look. Well I went to a Vietnamese guy in downtown St. Charles who has only been open for 9 months or so. This guy, Vince, knows his stuff and he is developing a rabid following in shirt order. He talked to me about the shape of my head, what look would work, what products would suit me, how to maintain a look, all this kind of stuff.

After some initial cutting which gave me a high bouffon like Kim Jong Il of North Korea, I finished up with a part on my left side, and combed over along with some mousse and a lot of blowdrying. It's so different that all I can say is I like it, but I have to get used to it. The only thing I'm not too sure of is I may have to blowdry it for several weeks. Man, the way I'm breaking down my hair, am I turning metrosexual or something here???

Back to covering more games here at the Daily Herald. Drop me a line sometime.

No comments: