Monday, January 22, 2007

How does the world manage to put up with me?

The answer to that is..... I really don't know. I blew up again over a senseless stupid thing in front of my friends on Sunday night. It was brutal. I'm enbarrassed. And God knows that's another wonderful memory they have of me now. There's my piece on that. Moving on...

Sorry, but I think it's too late for me to get into 24. Not because it's a bad show, it's just 5 years since it began and I really don't have the time or the inclination to catch up on 5 seasons of episodes.

The Knicks play Miami and they're without Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O'Neal. What do the Knicks do? They lead 3-2 early and allow Miami to score 27 straight points. 27 straight! That is terrible coaching by Isiah Thomas, plain and simple. Maybe the Rangers were out there in basketball uniforms tonight, I don't know.

Let's get more personal. I should be happy considering I got hired full time by CEC. So I'll have a salary, loads of benefits, a health club membership. But it feels very empty. Growing pains are a part of any new experience, especially in jobs. But I still don't feel right there. Today was a really brutal day. I hate to say I'm doing something for the money, but that's really the truth. After working temp and hourly jobs for three years, I need something more substantial. Oh, and tomorrow morning I have a meeting with my boss and the division boss. That's a comforting thought to sleep on tonight...

No comments: