Sunday, September 09, 2007

My song pick today...

should be "King of Pain" by the Police. Because that's what today has been.

Considering my illness that I've been fighting for four days, and how wasted I felt on Saturday night, I should have slept until about 8-9 am. Well, softball got me up at 6 am. I got there and found out our pitcher and co-captain broke his foot. Nonetheless he played in our semifinal and we lost 20-14 in just 5 innings. We led 3-0 after 1/2 inning and then gave up 8 or 9 runs. At one point, we were down 18-6. But we did score the next 8 runs and I'm proud of that. But I proceeded to play the worst game I have played since I have been in this league. Couldn't hit, couldn't field, couldn't run. Everything was bad. And they cut the game off early. Just as their pitcher was getting tired and losing control of his pitches, the game ends. I think if we had one more inning, we would have had a shot. So the season ends with a division title and a sleeveless purple t-shirt (very manly shirt, if I may say so). Not bad.

So that ended at 9:15 and I could have gone to Come Thirsty, though I would have looked like a circus freak. After eating the worst soup known to mankind, I watched the Jets-Patriots game. Suffice to say, it was disgusting, a 38-14 embarrassment. And I know tomorrow, the media will all kiss Tom Brady's you know what, saying how great he is, when he is just an overrated, no-good scumbag. And I'm keeping this rated-G, I'm not using the words I want to. For the love of God, my grandmother could have had 5 td's if she had as much time to throw as he did. The worst part was when Chad Pennington nearly broke his ankle. He limped off the field, not able to put any weight on it, threw his helmet down, and I thought he was done. Now he came back in the next series. But backup QB Kellen Clemens comes in and at least half of Giants Stadium cheers. That is the most disgraceful thing I've ever heard in a sports stadium. This guy has busted his ass, had his rotator cuff torn twice, and fought to be a great QB. And the fans treathim like Ryan Leaf or Michael Vick or Pacman Jones. Any Jets fan who cheered at that point is the lowest form of a human being I can think of, aside from any New England fans.

Bottom line: this season is OVER! This team is a joke. Last year was a mirage, they got 10 wins? Forget it, with the lack of pass rushing, pass defense, a horrible offensive line, and no running game, they will be lucky to win 4 games. I am embarrassed to be a Jets fan tonight. I don't care it's one game in, this will be 39 years without a Super Bowl appearance, let's move on to hockey.

And the joke that was volleyball. We went 1-2 in the seeding tournament. We went 1-1 in the first two games which was fine, but the third game was brutal. We went up 8-0. Then they got 8 straight points with one guy who served about 150 mph. Eventually we were leading 11-9 and the goal was 19 points. And this other guy who was an average server at best serves 10 straight points and we lose. It was pathetic. And I need to check if Matt ever gets his sneakers mud-free... And I went to Ecclesia and couldn't even concentrate on the message. I should have, but damn it, I couldn't.

So the end of the day finds me in the basement, eating pasta and sausage (extra romano, garlic, and hot pepper!) and watching the Giants-Cowboys game.

At least there's Ring of Honor next weekend.

No comments: