Sunday, September 30, 2007

There's winning and there's misery

Pat Riley and Bill Parcells both said that. It's right on the money. I'm sure there's a person or two in the world who when this collpase became official, were wondering how I was doing. They know damn well how I'm doing. I am one miserable, depressed, and incensed Mets and Jets fan today.

One man gets the blame for today. Tom Glavine. This prick who stuck it up to the Mets for years when he was with Atlanta came here four years ago. He's been good, with an occasional great outing and an occasional terrible outing. Well his final two starts to this season were pitching that was as bad as I have ever seen since I was playing Little League. Today, we needed to win and we would have at least had a shot at the playoffs. And this "future Hall of Famer" pitches 0.1 innings. He allows five hits, walks two, and allows seven earned runs. SEVEN EARNED RUNS!

And then to hear him after the game. "This is disappointing, this isn't devastating. It's not like a sick kid or anything." IT IS DEVASTATING. Don't bring the world up. He goes on. "It's something I'm going to have to deal with, just like had we won the World Series, I would have had to deal with those emotions." I can't even wrap my head around something so stupid.

His lasting image as a Met is one of the most pathetic single game performaces of all-time. And this whole thing tells me the only reason I came here was to get his 300th win so he'd be a lock for the Hall of Fame. He's a Brave and always will be. I don't want him near a Met uniform ever again. I've had enough. Send his ancient ass back to Atlanta. Get him the hell out of New York because he doesn't deserve to be here.

The fielding was bad yet again. Throws going all over the field. The game was over in the bottom of the first. Bases loaded, two outs, we're down by 6. Ramon Castro hits a bomb to left field, I thought the ball was going to Kennedy Airport. And it dies in Cody Ross' glove on the warning tack. Right there, you could have shut your TV off.

I am disgusted with Jose Reyes. I was going to buy his jersey. Not now. Not with his immatuere celebrations when he had nothing to celebrate. And certainly not when he fails to run out ground balls. Someone needs to shake this guy up. And it's not going to be the card-playing first base coach.

Carlos Delgado admitted after the game, "We were so good, we got bored." How do you get bored when you can't win at home the last week of the season?! That's the Mets. A complacent group of veterans who thought it was their God-give right to go the World Series and got smacked in the mouth. Just like every Met fan.

This team is a total disgrace. This offseason will see a lot of changes. Possibly the manager will be gone. I don't think he should be just yet. Something needs to change though. To lose this big a lead and to lose games the way they lost them, it's amazing. I've used probably every adjective I can think of over the last few weeks. Bottom line, this has been a miserable year. And now several undeserving, overrated, run-of-the-mill teams will be in the NL playoffs. If those damn Cubs make it to the World Series, I may just have to move to Afghanistan.

And the Jets lose yet again to a Buffalo team they should have beaten. Between the lack of pass rush on the immortal Trent Edwards, penalties, the complete lack of running game, blown coverages, terrible offensive line, interceptions. And I'll hear these morons bash Chad again all week on the radio. As a matter of fact, it's probably his fault they didn't even win the coin toss.

Why do I have to keep getting let down year after year after year? The Rangers start Thursday. Let's see how they manage to kill me this year.

No comments: