Thursday, October 11, 2007

A/C is out for eight months

Well we're probably not hitting 70 degrees anytime soon. So the jackets, sweatshirts, and boots are out and the short sleeves are buried deep in the closet. And I'm in the dungeon of the house and of course it's still 15 degrees colder down here than the rest of the house. And my room will be even colder once I head up there. A few thoughts on my mind as another week winds down.

1) This guy makes the best soup I've ever had. The only other one that comes close is the broccoli cheddar at Popeye's in Lake Geneva (not the fried chicken joint!) I got some Italian sausage soup they were selling at Costco and had it with some awesome roasted garlic bread. That is an ideal cold weather meal. I could have that two or three nights a week.

2) I understand when you have a large group, people change. And it's not always comfortable. But sometimes the change can be too much. Suffice to say, I think that's what is happening on the corner of Main and Franklin.

3) Next three restaurants I want to try: Boston Blackie's (burgers), Hunter's (downtown St. Charles), and Niko's Lodge in western St. Charles.

4) On Wednesday, I worked out, went to the dentist, and got a haircut. I feel like I lost ten pounds.

5) I'm glad Don Imus will be back on the radio again as of December. Disagree if you want.

6) More and more, I learn you can't sustain a great spiritual life by yourself. Community is vital.

7) I have about 75 total DVD's. Only one of them is a movie.

8) The Rangers are looking horrible through three games. Scott Gomez looks lost. Yet another Devil comes to the Rangers and forgets how to play hockey (ie Bruce Driver, Vladimir Malakhov, John MacLean, Bobby Holik). Marek Malik has more giveaways than the Salvation Army. Martin Straka is brutal. Coach Tom Renney does not know jack about organizing a power play. That said, Henrik Lundqvist is becoming one of the best goalies in the world. And I love Ryan Callahan! Here's the deal. They've played three games and I've been able to watch two. They lost those two and of course, won the game I couldn't see. Tomorrow, their game against Washington is being broadcasted through Yahoo. I don't like the odds...

9) I'm rooting for Cleveland to beat Colorado in the World Series.

10) This corn maze looks a tad freaky...

Song pick: "One In a Million" Johnny Lee

No comments: