Friday, October 05, 2007

Into Friday we go

Well, here's how work is going. Yesterday, I'm at my day job and filling up my morning bottle of water. Now we have a weird cooler, it either comes out really warm or really cold. Well it was warm. So I got out a large foam cup and filled it up with water and ice. I also filled my bottle, about a half a liter. I walk out of the kitchen and I'm supposed to turn right to go back to my desk. For whatever reason, I was facing left. I start to walk and who's coming in the other direction? My boss. A guy who has no patience and basically no sense of humor. I didn't even see him. We collided. And he got wet. And so did I. And he was not happy. He wanted to yell, but he stayed calm and said in a semi-angry voice I had to watch where I was going. He kept walking but I think I managed to whisper "I'm sorry."

Random fact: In 1728, potatoes were outlawed in Scotland because they were not mentioned in the Bible.

The Rangers had a homecoming! In the Garden late last night. 5-2 win over Florida after basically getting outplayed for 2 periods. New acquisition Chris Drury scores his first Rangers goal. And besides goalie Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan Callahan is quickly becoming my favorite player. I love his hustle and ability to score unlikely goals. I think if I played hockey I would have been a lot like him. Well, we have a big game at Cup finalist Ottawa on Saturday. They will have to play a lot sharper to win that one. I do think once these guys get some time to play together and learn each other's tendencies, they will become a force in the Eastern Conference.

Something's wrong with me, I'm actually feeling a little sorry for the Cubs right now. Then again, I wonder if anyone felt for me when the Mets fell apart... I must say I am into the baseball playoffs a lot more than I thought I would be. The first day had three very good games with solid pitching and I guess that's just the magic of baseball. If you love the game, even after it stomps on your heart, it lures you back every time.

I'm glad the weather has been warm even if I don't have too much of a chance to go outside during the day. I hope it's good on Saturday. I may stop by the Scarecrow Festival in St. Charles or go to the driving range, I don't know yet.

Song pick: "Where Do the Nights Go?" Ronnie Milsap

No comments: