Saturday, October 20, 2007

Blogging after midnight

Seems like the only time I've been in the mood to write lately is after the clock strikes 12 a.m. I could have absolutely nothing to say, I still feel the need to at least log in. Maybe something will pop into mind.

So 24 hours later, I have a few things on my mind. First of all, can the New York Rangers score a goal? This team scores less than the 40 year old virgin. I had to listen to that whole disaster today against Boston, where they did everything right except score. They couldn't even get a goal in the shootout! 2-5 and last place in the Atlantic Division. What a joke.

I'm not on the Ecclesia retreat in Lake Geneva and have no regrets. I've done it twice and both times it ended with me getting frustrated. There were fun moments, sure, but the highlight last year was the marathon games of ping pong. We have about 8 hours of time to ourselves. And I hate to admit it but the extended solitude usually ends in me getting frustrated that I can't concentrate on God and I wound up sleeping. The people are cool enough, but I just really don't think I'm missing a lot by staying home this weekend. Actually, I may have one regret. I may not get a chance to get some broccoli cheddar soup from Popeye's.

My boss made a genius move today. He skips out of work today to go watch the Illinois-Michigan game. Real smart John, considering your team lost again. And thanks for not telling me you were going until late this afternoon. Nobody was in the office after I left at 6 p.m. I can't wait to see how the scoreboard turns out tomorrow.

Speaking of which, the high school playoffs football bracket is really exciting, especially in 7A. St. Charles East, St. Charles North, Geneva, and Batavia are all in the same bracket and two different sets of archrivals could meet in the state quarterfinals. I'm excited to see how this goes.

Let's see how bad the Jets get killed tomorrow in Cincinnati. I really have no optimism for this team anymore this year. And it is certainly way more than just a quarterback issue. This is shaping up to be one miserable sports fall/winter. And the Knicks haven't even started yet! Things are so bad I may have to start watching the World Series of Poker or some Texas bullriding on Versus!

On a more personal level, I know some things are just not meant to happen. And even though I try to fool myself, I know the truth in my soul. I just wish it wasn't true. But I guess life does what it's supposed to do one way or another.

After months of waiting, Genghis Grill finally opened in Wheaton. I'm a huge Mongolian BBQ fan and I'm glad I don't have to drive all the way to Naperville to get some. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it there in the next couple of weeks. The strange thing is I'm comparing this place to BD's, the joint in Naperville. I'm convinced they are the exact same place all the way down to the design of the website, only under different names.

Song pick: "No More Cloudy Days" The Eagles

No comments: