Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TV notes

Wow, two posts in three days. I must be bored or suddenly full of material. First of all, I was really disappointed several months ago when I lost CMT from my cable package. Now I feel like I'm not missing anything. You know, Carrie Underwood's not on enough. Shame she doesn't get promoted. Poor girl. For the love, can country music start promoting someone with talent?

And the schedule of what they're showing now, it amazes me. Prime time shows on CMT this week include: Blazing Saddles, Hogan Knows Best (how does Hulk Hogan relate to country music?), Dallas Cowboy cheerleader tryouts, and I Want to Look Like a High School Cheerleader. Where's the music aside from videos in the morning? This network has become MTV for Southerners. It was bad enough when VH1 abandoned all the cool music shows and became MTV/E! with their horrible reality shows. CMT is on the exact same path. So CMT, get lost, goodbye.

Unfortunately, I have to miss Friday's Marshall Tucker Band concert in Palatine because I have to work. But on a good note, John Fogerty plays on Letterman tonight.

If anyone from CT reads this, please don't relate this to Egg Harbor from last month. I came across a clip of the Maury show today where this teenage girl was terrified of pickles. And I mean terrified. They brought one pickle out to this girl and she ran out of that studio like Marion Jones after receiving a "special delivery." The best part? She's a waitress in a diner that mainly serves sandwiches. And she won't bring out plates of food that have pickles to her customers. All I can say is I hope this was staged and she was an actor.

No song pick this time, but here's an alternative. Food pick: Godfather's pizza at Rookie's

Five days until the Big Apple...

No comments: