Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saturday night is coming...

The Jets jersey is ironed. The jeans are ragged. The Ipod has the ROH playlist ready. Ring of Honor's Vendetta II is two night away. I really expect an excellent show, as always.

4 Corner Survival
Delirious vs Rhett Titus vs Silas Young vs Alex Sugarfoot Payne: The next step will be taken in the budding Delirious-Titus feud and their battle to win over Daizee Haze. Young continues to improve every match (and he comes out to "Don't Stop Believing!") and Sugarfoot always gets a huge reaction. I have never seen a white guy in my life than him. I pick Young to win.

Jay Briscoe vs Erick Stevens: Tough one. Jay wrestling singles matches with his brother still injured. This is Stevens' first match since he lost that brutal Fight Without Honor to Roderick Strong. I think Erick rebounds and wins this one.

Lights Out Match
Chris Hero vs Pelle Primeau: Pelle still trying to escape the shadow of just being a student from the ROH school. Nah, I can't say he is ready to get past Hero. I'll take Chris Hero with a best bet.

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs Tyler Black & Necro Butcher: Steenerico dropped the finals of the tag team title tournament to Black and Jimmy Jacobs. They remain the team that is so close to winning the titles but never can quite do it. With Butcher's hardcore, wild style, I expect this match to get out of control and possibly end in a no-contest. But I will pick Black and Butcher.

Brent Albright & Roderick Strong vs Adam Pearce & a mystery partner: Albright and Strong have both turned babyface and going after Sweet n Sour Inc. I have no idea about the partner but I pick Albright and Strong regardless.

Bryan Danielson vs Claudio Castagnoli: American Dragon has been in ROH since the beginning in 2002. CC came in 2005 and the two of them have never wrestled before, so this is going to be good. I have to root for the best in the world, Bryan Danielson.

ROH World Champ Nigel McGuinness vs. Jerry Lynn: Lynn makes a one-time only appearance for a non-title match against Nigel. I certainly pick Nigel, but it will be a treat to watch Lynn, who I first saw wrestle in 1991.

Austin Aries vs Jimmy Jacobs: The main event. This rivalry is heating up and fast. Where is Lacey: It's all about Lacey? I expect this feud to last into the winter and the heel has to establish himself so I pick Jacobs.

No comments: