Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The solution for gas

I understand gasoline in Venezuela costs $0.16 per gallon right now. Let's invade them. We can do it peacefully. Just lay the message down that we need to do a little business. We have a lot of assets we can offer them. I'm sure the President can negotiate a little something. Maybe then our gas prices could drop to around the level they were when I first got my license, around $2.00 a gallon.

Now a few things that are on my mind.

1) Why are 90 percent of the Facebook status updates I see either referring to how tired people are or how giddy they are over some sort of relationship milestone. Calling all people, get creative! I'm tired of reading the same lines over and over.

2) Something about a 10:45 pm showing of The Shawshank Redemption. Anything narrated by Morgan Freeman gets me in a good state of mind. He could be reading the phone book, I would think it was exciting and creative.

3) I don't know how many more years I can play softball. I only know one style to play, and that's hard. That's balls out. But it is wearing me down in a way that nothing else has. Of the seven days between games, I need at least four of them to get my body ready again to take the next pounding. But I still love the pounding. The day I can't go hard, I don't know if my heart will want to stay in the game.

4) TNA is coming to Hoffman Estates for a PPV Taping in October. I feel a little sick going to a TNA show, but I may get a ticket. Hopefully, I can get a decent one for under 50 bucks. That said, I can't imagine it will be as good as ROH. But if I go, I'll keep an open mind.

5) God bless the Von Erichs.

Song pick: "Lover's Cross" Jim Croce

No comments: