Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4th place

Well the Four Horsemen styled and profiled all night long (NWA reference) as we fell 17-13 to the first place team in the league. Since it was our first night game, we decided to amp up our energy level, so we all drank Red Bull. We should have mixed it with Jaeger. They hit Dan all over the park, knocking eight runs in the top of the first. We came back with three in the first and for the most part we traded runs with them back and forth.

I led off with a foul out and grounded out to third my next time up. I think I beat the throw, but whatever. I finished the day with a single, a walk, and scored twice. As for defense, I made one catch in short center. Then, I was coaching first base in the third inning. One of our guys gets a base hit. He tells me "Adam, you re going to short." I thought I was getting ribbed. Turns out, Paul injured his wrist and wanted to go to the outfield. So Roger shifted to short and I took third.

Second batter. The guy smashes a shot off my left chest. Somehow I trapped the ball against my body for the out. I didn't even know if I had the ball, just that I was bruised. I later missed a sharp grounder and threw low to first. I kind of redeemed myself on the next batter as I forced the runner at second.

So we are 4-2, in fourth place. All in all, I liked the offense. We scored 13 against an unbeaten team. Our defense was just not sharp though. And considering how good we are at defense, that was disappointing.

No comments: