Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend time

I can't believe I'm writing these words in the 21st century. Greg Norman leads the British Open after three rounds. I have had as bad a fantasy golf season as I could have envisioned. I don't believe I've predicted one tournament correctly this year. But I decided to take a flyer on the Shark this week. And it has paid off. I never would have imagined he would be in second after Rounds 1 and 2 and then leading the field by two shots after Round 3. I actually woke up up at 9:30 this morning and turned ABC on. First of all, as dark and gloomy as England looks on TV, I can't tell the difference between standard definition and high definition TV. And early in this rounds, the winds picked up to 45 mph. I believe the best round of the day was -2. Guys who were in 60th place going into today could shoot even par and finish in the top 15. Norman was making solid contact all day on his approach shots. But his putts weren't dropping. After shooting 4-over through 10, he birdied 14 and 17, breaking out of a 4-way tie for first. 53 years old, I'm not expecting him to win this, but what a moment it will be if he does.

TNA does not know how to book. Samoa Joe has been in this company for three years. Finally wins the world title. His first one-on-one PPV title match is against Booker T. Doesn't seem bad. Booker has a great resume. Five time Five time Five time Five time Five time WCW champion. And he's somewhat new to TNA and a win by Joe would certainly give him more credibility. So TNA books this match in Houston Texas, Booker's hometown. And Joe is the babyface while Booker is supposed to be the heel. Booker hs home ring advantage and the office expects him to get booed? Or are they not willing to embrace Joe as champion? As it goes, after Joe has booker pinned countless times, but the referee is out the whole time. Sting interferes and Booker wins when Sharmell counts the pin. Pitiful decision making. Has Jim Herd taken over the office?

Rangers open at home against the Blackhawks! I can't wait!

For the love of God, can Wright or Beltran hit Mike Lincoln with the bases loaded and down one run? Who the hell is Mike Lincoln?

Omar, MAKE A TRADE FOR A BAT!!!! WE STINK!!!

No comments: