Monday, July 21, 2008

Business as usual

The heat wave was up for Game #6. We faced Galvan/Terrell, who we know from years past. They have a lot of slow guys, very little power, but they know how to place their hits. But two weeks ago, they beat one of the top two teams in the league before allowing 23 runs in their loss
last week.

They opened with a run thanks to an opposite field triple. We came back with a zero in the first. I didn't help matters when I fouled out, batting sixth. I went on to walk twice (scoring once) in my next two at bats. By my final at bat, we were up by about 10. So with a 3-1 count, I lined shot in to left center for a single. Joe then singled to left center, but they tried to force me at second. They threw the ball away and I kept running all the way home. Actually, I may have missed third base, but the ump missed it! Speaking of which, that ump called the tightest strike zone I can remember.

Not much to be said for defense. I played short center and I was the only one who did not even get to touch a ball in the field. It's funny how Dan wants to utilize my speed in the short outfield, yet I have had so few opportunities this season.

We wound up winning 16-9; we're tied for second with a 5-2 mark. I'm out this week, we then have a bye, and we finish the regular season with a doubleheader. If we can go 2-1, we clinch at worst a third seed in the playoffs.

No comments: