Sunday, September 21, 2008

Doesn't even matter

The Giants won a great game. The Patriots got humiliated by the one and only Chad Pennington and Miami at home. I think Ronnie Brown just scored again. The US breezed to the Ryder Cup victory. Yet, I couldn't give a shit.

Because those scumbags in Atlanta have beat the Mets 2 out of 3, knocking us 1.5 games out of first place. I hate this damn bullpen, who gets teed off on more than Tiger Woods tees off Titleist golf balls. Every one of them can go. And how can Jerry Manuel keep going back to Scott Schoeneweis and Aaron Heilman? Eighth inning, Mets up 4-3. Schoeneweis gets McCann out, before allowing a double and a single. Tie game. Joe Smith comes in. He has been very good, but he pitches every single day. Up comes the most unclutch free swinger around, Jeff Francoeur. That asshole triples to center field. Triples! 5-4 Atlanta. After a flyout and two intentional walks, Heilman is in and pitches to Omar Infante. 2-2 pitch, double to right, 7-4.

Can we see Bobby Parnell get a shot. Why was Eddie Kunz not brought back with the other 235 relievers for the September callups? I never thought I would say this. I trusted Aaron Sele and Guillermo Mota more at this time last year than I do these stiffs right now. Nobody has been a bigger Heilman fan than me. But it is time to either trade him or make him a starter. Because he has been hideous. His days as a Met reliever are finished. Kaput. Just like our chances for the division.

Oh and another lovely job by our tablesetter. Jose Reyes, the NL leader in hits, goes 0-f0r-5. And I love Daniel Murphy. But in this game, batting in the No. 2 hole, what does he do? 0-for-5 with three strikeouts. And Wright and Delgado had huge days, so those 10 outs were absolutely pivotal. Of course, Delgado hits a two-run homer in the ninth for the traditional tease. And then Beltran and the broken-down Easley can't put the ball in play. Game over. Year over. Simple as that.

I hate this season. I absolutely now want them to miss the playoffs because they are never going to beat Chicago. But chances are, they will make the wild card, lose in 3 to Chicago, and I'll have to watch those Northside pricks break the 100-year World Series jinx.

I love the Mets franchise. Always have, always will. I represent the blue and orange with passion, pride, and defiance in the face of constant oppression. I hate their team right now. I hate the misery they inflict on me and all other Mets fans, more pain and more horrific losses than the Cubs fans have ever dreamed of, despite what they would have you believe.

And most of all, I hate where October baseball is headed right now. It could not be any worse.

No comments: