Monday, September 15, 2008

Soft landing???

First of all, I have to see my co-worker (not that one) on the front page of ESPN.com amongst other Cub fans at Zambrano's no-hitter in Milwaukee yesterday. Wonderful. Now this afternoon, Mike Francesa talks about the soft landing they could have. Milwaukee is slumping and they are now tied for the lead in the wild card with Philly. So now I have to hear if the Mets blow the division again, they can get in the playoffs through the wild card. Some soft landing...if you don't live where I live.

For me, this is jumping out of a plane and landing on a bed of rusted nails and broken glass. That means we play the disgusting Cubs in the first round. The team who will have the division clinched in about a week. And they will have their rotation all set up. Zambrano, Harden (Who will be in pristine health), Dempster. And we haven't hit Ted Lilly in two years. Meanwhile, the Mets are playing 17 straight days, sprinting to the finish line like the Jamaican track runner. We'll probably be starting the series with Pedro and Perez. Can't wait to see our beleaguered bullpen of Ayala, Sanchez, Feliciano, Stokes, Heilman, and certainly Schoeneweis pitch in big spots to the likes of Soriano, DeRosa, Lee, Theriot, Ramirez, Ward, Johnson, Edmonds, and Soto. I don't even want to go into what that will do to my life. And I mean life.

I would rather miss the playoffs than lose to the Cubs.

No comments: