Monday, September 01, 2008

Mets-Brewers Round 1

Well, it wasn't easy, but the Mets rallied to beat the Brewers 4-2. After 7 hours of driving and 3 hours of standing at the game, I am happy to lounge in front of the screen, turn on DDD, and relax. A few things I noticed.

1) In southern Wisconsin, we passed a sign that said Bong Recreation Center, exit 335. I'm surprised it wasn't Exit 420.

2) I met a guy (fellow Mets fan) who gives harder high fives than I do. I never thought it would happen. My right wrist has been bad for three weeks and now I don't think it will be good until next year's softball season.

3) Standing room at Miller Park is rough. Good views, but my feet are feeling the pain.

4) Eric Gagne is hideous.

5) I feel bad for Ben Sheets. So much talent, yet he is injured so much.

6) The Kid Zone is awesome. Running bases, Pitching, Posing with player models and sausage racers. I wish I could have gone there when I was a kid.

7) We walked through the parking lot and a guy told me I looked like David Wright. When I had the goatee, people called me Mike Piazza (my one flattering nickname in college). Now this. Would have been better coming from a girl, but...

8) I'm ready for bed now.

No comments: